Checking food deliveries is vital step in maintaining a safe food business for you and your customers.
Here are a few tips on what to check:
- Only use reputable food suppliers. Check that they have a Certificate of Registration issued by their Local Government or have HACCP/ISO certification.
- Check that the deliveries received are from your Approved Suppliers
- Accept deliveries only during normal business hours and ensure they are checked by trained staff
- Compare delivered goods against delivery dockets to ensure no discrepancies
- Check the temperature of all high-risk food. Ensure that cold food is accepted below 5oC and hot food above 60o Do not accept food if in the ‘Danger Zone’ (e.g. between 5oC and 60oC).
- Check used by dates– food not within it’s UBD is not safe to eat
- Check for opened packages and leaks
- Do not accept dented cans